( serves 6)
- 1 big onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 250g mandioca powder
- 1/2 banana per person (add after the fire is off)
- 2 table spoons of butter, cooking oil or lard
- Finely chop the onion into small cubes. Chop the garlic into tiny bits.
- In a hot frying pan place the oil/butter/lard and add the garlic and onions.
- Once the garlic starts to golden, add the manioc flour and toast it till it is crunchy. Add salt to taste.
- Slice the banana and add it to the frying pan, and turn off the heat. Stir a bit just so the banana slices get covered in flour.
- Serve with anything that is saucy (feijoada, moqueca, gravy etc).